Sunday, May 09, 2010

Singing

The primary kids are singing "I Often Go Walking" today in Sacrament meeting. I am somewhat concerned about this. I know they can do it. But I am afraid they won't sing. I remember being in primary and thinking, "I didn't volunteer for this. I don't want to sing in front of everyone in the chapel. Especially since it seems like I'm the ONLY one who stands up there and actually SINGS." And it's true. I have found that, since my post-primary days, I think the funnest thing to do is to mouth the words like a clown, using EVERY muscle above my shoulders, to animate to the children how to sing. Some kids can't take their eyes off me. Some kids giggle. Some kids stare and sortof move their mouths a little bit, unsure of what they are watching, exactly.

Today I am standing there out of DUTY, though. Not just for fun. Weird. I don't know what to expect. I'm sure all the moms are going to be all happy, though. Right?

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Every mother will think her child is the best and the cutest, no matter if they sing or just stand there and pick their nose. No worries, Bethani. It's the thought that counts.

And hopefully you have a good pianist, just in case no one sings.

Tigerlilly said...

Oh, our pianist is incredible. Unfortunately, she has been absent the past 3 weeks while we rehearsed the song, so at the end of the first verse, she hesitated and no one knew if we'd be singing the second verse. ;)

And I brought TREATS for the kids if they sang loud. Next time I'm going to make a MILK DUD necklace so they can ALL SEE what they DON'T GET TO EAT if they sing like weaklings again.

Sheesh.

But thank you, Andrea, for the encouragement.

The United Statements of Merica said...

Hey Bethani, I found you!! I'm glad you have a blog so that i can read your clever thoughts!
xoxo
"Miss Merica"
(do you remember that?)

my email is mericafink@mac.com if you want to email me, i'll have your email address adn i can invite you to my blog